Design Principles - Final Compilation & Reflection

 DESIGN PRINCIPLES / FINAL COMPILATION AND REFLECTION

Week 14

Jason Antony / 0356335

Design Principles / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media / The Design School

Task 1: Exercises

Project 1: Self Portrait

Project 2 / Sense of Place

Final Project: Visual analysis

Task 1: Exercises


Fig.1.1 Contrast


Fig.1.2 Balance


Fig.1.3 Harmony


Fig.1.4 Movement


Fig.1.5 Repetition


Project 1: Self Portrait


Fig.2.1 Self Portrait


Project 2 / Sense of place


Fig.3.1 Sense of place


Final Project: Visual analysis


Fig.4.1 Final Project Visual Analysis

Reflection

I have learned that all great designs are governed by the use of design principles. Each and every one of the design principles has its own uses and give different meanings when used in different compositions. I also learned how the positions, color, scale, and perspectives of the elements in a design contribute to making great designs. This module has guided me in identifying and using the appropriate design principles in my works, and I will continue to use this knowledge in my future endeavors. 

What I enjoyed the most during my time undertaking this module is the freedom of expressing myself in my designs. This enables me to create designs that are personal and dear to me while honing my own skills in using design principles as well as my design skills overall. However, there are also downsides to this module. I wished that this module was offline since I personally learn better when classes are physical. I had hoped that Dr. Jinchi could sketch over my designs and help me visualize better the changes and feedback that she has given. 

I have learned, through this module, that I am far from being where I want to be as a designer. This module has humbled me and taught me that designing something is difficult and requires a lot of practice and patience. I also learned that I have to get used to constantly exploring different renditions and iterations during the design process. A lot has changed in my learning journey. I have become more analytical, observant, and selective of how to approach a design. What has not changed is my goal to pursue design as my passion in life. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Eportfolio - Games Development

EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN - TASK 3 : CREATIVE EXPERIENCE DESIGN PROJECT PROTOTYPE

EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN - Final Task