ILLUSTRATION AND VISUAL NARRATIVE / FINAL COMPILATION AND REFLECTION

 ILLUSTRATION AND VISUAL NARRATIVE/ FINAL COMPILATION AND REFLECTION

31/08/2022–02/12/2022 / Week 1–Week 14

Jason Antony / 0356335

Illustration and Visual Narrative / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media / Taylor's Design School

Final Compilation and Reflection

Blogs

Task 1: Exercises (Vormator Challenge)

Task 2: Digital Triptych

Task 3 Final Project: Cover Page and Animated One Page Introduction Comic

Submissions

Task 1: Exercises (Vormator Challenge)

31/08/2022–23/09/2022 / Week 1–Week 4

Fig. 1: Final rendition of the Vormator challenge.


Task 2: Digital Triptych

14/09/2022–05/09/2022 / Week 3–Week 6

Fig. 2.1: Final digital triptych.


Task 3 & Final Project: Original Comic Plot, Cover Page, and One Page Introduction

12/10/2022–02/12/2022 / Week 7–Week 14

Fig. 3.1: Final cover page.


Fig. 3.2:  Final one-page introduction


Fig. 3.3:  Animated GIF for the first panel


Reflection

I was exposed to a totally alien piece of software via IVN. Working with pixel-based tools like Photoshop or digital sketching applications is considerably different from using Illustrator for the first time, as I did for this subject. I initially had no idea how to use Illustrator, but this lesson gradually gave me the basics and allowed me to get the feel of it. When I look back on my work, I am astounded to see how it developed from the Vormator challenge, which was so basic and simple, to the final motion comics, which were incredibly intricate and fascinating. However, I am ready to move on to the next phase of my study.

I'll confess that using Illustrator for such intricate work was quite difficult, but I was determined to succeed. In a program I had never used before, all of these assignments and the in-class exercises helped me quickly improve my abilities, and I am really happy with my progress thus far. Because I enjoy telling tales and creating comics, animations, and other similar media, the original motion comic was by far my favorite assignment. Since telling stories is my genuine interest, I think my skills lay in activities like this that involve telling stories, while there are certain technical elements of using Illustrator that I could get better at.

Since I'm still learning the program, it would be really beneficial for me to keep using it and picking up new abilities. Overall, IVN was a lot of fun and taught me a lot about myself in addition to teaching me new skills. I am extremely pleased that this program has helped me to clarify my objectives for my design study. I still have a lot to learn about creating visual stories and utilizing Adobe Illustrator, but I'm ready to go on to the next phase of my education.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Eportfolio - Games Development

EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN - TASK 3 : CREATIVE EXPERIENCE DESIGN PROJECT PROTOTYPE

EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN - Final Task