Design Research Dissertation

 12/11/2023 - 02/12/2023 (Week 11 - Week 14)

Jason Antony 0356335

Design Research Methodology / Bachelor of Arts (HONS) in Creative Media



Task 1


Turn it in report



Flipbook link: https://online.fliphtml5.com/hzogr/wsiv/#p=1

Task 4


Reflection

At the start of the semester, I felt a bit overwhelmed by this module. It promised more research and building on what we learned before, and our last class had already taken up a big chunk of my time. I was afraid this one would be even more time-consuming with all the extra work. So, figuring out how to manage my time well wasn't just a helpful skill—it was essential to tackle the module without messing up my other assignments.


As I moved through the module, I saw some real personal growth. The in-depth research sharpened my thinking skills, gave me a better handle on academic methods, and made me better at unraveling tricky concepts. This growth in skills also made a positive difference in how I explained things in my assignments, making them more effective.


But, let's be real, it wasn't all easy. Slimming down the word count and expressing my research ideas more clearly turned out to be a bit of a struggle. I also found it tricky to organize the information into a good, clear structure. Additionally, I did not really enjoy doing writing as coursework. I am more of a design person, which is why this module has always been my least favorite. However, I know that I have learned so much from this module, whether I liked it or not, and I am grateful.


In the end, what seemed like a tricky module full of research and complicated stuff turned into a journey where I learned a lot and got better at things. Time management, which felt like a roadblock at first, actually became a useful way to handle all the work. The thinking and observing skills I picked up didn't just stay in the classroom; they're helping me out in how I approach problems and research in general. Looking back at the semester, I see it's not just about finishing a module. But at the end of this semester, I've realized that I have gained skills and insights that will be useful in whatever I do next, whether it's in academics or my career.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Eportfolio - Games Development

EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN - TASK 3 : CREATIVE EXPERIENCE DESIGN PROJECT PROTOTYPE

EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN - Final Task