Interactive Design - Project 2

Week 6 - Week 10

Jason Antony / 0356335

Interactive Design / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media

Project 2
Task Requirements:

The objective of this assignment is to transform our static prototype from Project 1 into a fully functional and interactive web page. We will apply our knowledge of web layout class to create a working website that closely aligns with our original prototype.
Task Deliverables:

Review your static prototype from Project 1 and analyze its layout, typography, color scheme, and imagery.
Use HTML and CSS to translate the design elements into code, ensuring a faithful representation of the original prototype.
Aim for pixel-perfect precision while maintaining responsive design principles to ensure compatibility across different devices and screen sizes.
Upload the file in Netlify and submit the link here. Update your e-portfolio with all the processes documented in the blog.

HTML and CSS


I used many classes to separate each section. I built the website in a modular format, so every section is clear to me and easily navigable. At first, I didn't know that classes are such a powerful tool. I also learned a lot about divs. there is so much we can create with divs. we can nest divs and overlap containers made from divs. At one point during the process of building the website, I realized the true function of divs, and this made the rest of the process much easier. Initially, I was going insane on how to build my Figma design. 

Web Page

Challenges and Reflections

In this exercise, I had a lot of challenges. I had to build a working website from scratch. I was unfamiliar with HTML and CSS and this exercise forced me to learn it from the ground up. I had to spend hours and hours learning CSS to learn how the elements of my design could be arranged in the way that I had designed my website in Figma. I succeeded in the end and I am proud of it. Although the design is not responsive for phones, it is compatible with tablets and desktops. I intended this because the mobile version is better suited to an application form factor. The hardest part of this exercise is the positioning of elements within the website. It is such an alien feeling to design with numbers and code instead of just dragging the items to move them around. This made me feel extremely frustrated. I created this website from scratch manually. Honestly, I wish there was a way to make designing websites easier. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Eportfolio - Games Development

EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN - TASK 3 : CREATIVE EXPERIENCE DESIGN PROJECT PROTOTYPE

EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN - Final Task