EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN - TASK 3 : CREATIVE EXPERIENCE DESIGN PROJECT PROTOTYPE

EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN - TASK 3 : CREATIVE EXPERIENCE DESIGN PROJECT PROTOTYPE

Jason Antony / 0356335 / Bachelor of Design in Creative Media

Experiential Design

Task 3 : Creative Experience Design Project Prototype

November 5, 2023


TASK


Instructions

The prototype will enable the students to discover certain limitations that they might not have learnt about before. They’ll have to creatively think about how to overcome the limitations to materialize their proposed ideas. The objective of this task is for the students to test out the key functionality of their project. The output may not necessarily be a finished visually designed project. The students will be gauged on their prototype functionality and their ability to creatively think of alternatives to achieve the desired outcome. 

Progression

I started the project by looking at some 3D models for the cells on sketchfab, but then I found out there is a sketchfab plugin on unity. I then exported the 3d model into the AR Scene. 

Once I exported the 3D object, I wanted to make the cell appear when I am pointing my phone on the ground. This means that there will be no image tracing for the AR Object to appear. I want the object to appear because I want the App Cell Explorer Jr. to be independent and not require an image trace from a textbook for kids to learn the cell. 

I then created the labels using the 3D Object of spheres, cylinders, and text mesh pro. 

Once this was done, I proceeded to arrange the AR Scene with the Ground plane and Plane finder. I then resized and scaled the object accordingly. 

The problem I faced during this prototype was how to export the build into Xcode to test from my phone. 


After trying various build settings and searching the internet, I still could not build the project into my phone. There seems to always be an error. The next solution for me is to install and update to the Newest version of Unity. That was Mr. Razif's suggestion for me. 

After doing the update onto the newest version of unity, the build worked and the program can run on my phone. 

For improvements to the prototype for my final project, I will start building the UI, the Quiz function, and also audio and text descriptions for the different parts of the cell. I will also complete the labels and try to resolve the build issues. So far this prototype has been very difficult and confusing for me since it's my first time dealing with Unity. I am very unfamiliar with this application because I've always used adobe applications and 2D applications ever since the start of my design journey. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Eportfolio - Games Development

EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN - Final Task